I like mint smell and its taste. Once in a week i prepare pudina chutney. It is good for digestive disorders. I follow my moms version of preparing this chutney.
- 3-4 cup mint leaves
- 1 small onion
- 3 dry red chilli
- 5-6 garlic flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped coconut
- 1 tbsp urad dhal(ultham parappu)
- 1 tbsp channa dhal(kadala parappu)
- tamarind – small lemon size
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander along with stem
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add all the above ingredients and fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Blend it in mixie to smooth paste. Add 1 tbsp water if needed. Add salt to taste and mix well. Serve with rice or idli or dosa.