Mutton Keema Pickle, today we will see how to prepare mutton keema pickle recipe with step by step photos. One of the easy pickle recipe made from minced lamb meat, this pickle serves as a great travel food.
My mother used to prepare this pickle when we had to take train journey for 3-4 days. It wont get spoiled even if you keep it out for 4 days. If refrigerated you can preserve it for 10 days. My favorite combination is poori with this pickle. It is a really mouthwatering dish and simple to prepare. Only less number of ingredients are required.
Do not prepare this dish in a pressure cooker, you will not get dry consistency like I got. Use a heavy bottomed kadai or non stick pan to prepare mutton keema pickle. The pickle should be cooked till all the moisture is completely absorbed and oil splits from pickle. Keep in low flame and cook. It may take around 30 minutes to prepare this delicious keema pickle.
Some of the other keema recipes shared in my blog, Hyderabadi Mutton Keema Curry, Mutton Keema Paratha, Mutton Keema Dum Biryani, Mutton Keema Samosa and Mutton Keema Gravy. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Mutton Keema Pickle Recipe
Mutton Keema Pickle
how to make mutton keema pickle at home
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: pickle
Cuisine: south indian
- 250 gm mutton keema / minced lamb meat - washed
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 and ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- Please check the instructions below.
How to cook Mutton Keema Pickle
- Clean and wash keema. Keep it aside. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Add keema and turmeric powder. It will leave water. Cook for 5 minutes on low medium flame. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and salt to taste.
- Stir well everything and let it cook closed on medium flame till all the water is completely absorbed. Check it frequently. Once water dries, switch to low flame and cook till oil splits and you get dry pickle. Cooking time may take 30 minutes. Serve pickle with poori or chapati.