I like sirukeerai among other keerai varieties. Green leaf is good for eyes and also to control diabetes. This soup tastes like non veg so even children wont say no. My brother first hesitated to have this soup but when he tasted, asked for more.
- 1 bunch of sirukeerai(Amaranth or Chota Saag)
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 2 flakes of garlic
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 cup water – according to your need
- salt to taste
- Take a bunch of sirukeerai and remove the bottom of stem part with root. Clean the keerai and wash it. Soup is prepared using bottom thick part of the stem or we call it as thandu in tamil.
- Heat a kadhai and add all the above ingredients. Add a pinch of salt.
- Cook it for 20 minutes. Now add salt to taste. cook it for two more minutes. Healthy herbal soup is ready. It improves digestion and also good for health.