Stuffed KudaMilagai is our favorite. I used to take it for lunch in school days. I learnt this dish from my mother. My husband don’t like this vegetable but when i make this stuffed Kudamilagai he never says no. Somehow we have to impress our husband with new recipes 🙂
- 4 large capsicums / green bell pepper
- 2 potatoes
- 2 small onions
- 1 tomato
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Pressure cook the potatoes with half cup water for 2 whistles and remove it. Peel off the skin and smash it. Heat oil in a kadhai and add mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add onion and tomato. Fry it for one minute and add smashed potato, Turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Add salt to taste and cook on low flame for 10 minutes. Don’t add water. Add cumin powder and fry for a minute.
- Wash the capsicum and remove the inner part by making a hole on the top. Stuff the capsicum with potato masala.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the capsicums till it turns golden brown. Serve it hot with chapati. You can use the left out potato masala to prepare aloo parantha or cutlet