- 200 gms medium sized prawns
- 100 gms tamarind – soak in one cup water for 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 25 gms red chilli powder – according to your taste
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 150 ml cooking oil
- Clean the prawns. Remove its shell and wash it. Heat oil in a kadhai and fry the pieces till it turns light brown.
- Remove the pieces and use the same oil for preparing pickle. Remove the tamarind pulp and keep the water separately. Mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and temper mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, cumin powder and ginger-garlic paste. Pour tamarind water and add fried prawns.
- Let it cook till oil separates and pickle looks like thick gravy. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool. Fill in an airtight container. If refrigerated it can be used for more than 2 weeks.