- Head and tail parts of fish – i used Sheela fish (barracuda)
- 3 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 green chillies
- big lemon sized tamarind – soaked in water for 30 mins
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- a pinch of fenugreek powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Soak tamarind and remove the tamarind pulp. Keep tamarind water aside.
- Fry the marinated fish pieces (marinate with 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt) in tava and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tsp oil in kadhai or pan. Tamper mustard seeds, curry leaves and fenugreek powder. Add chopped onions and green chillies. Saute a while and add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Mash the tomatoes and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix everything and add tamarind water & salt to taste. Add water if needed.
- Cook it covered till oil separates. Add fried fish pieces and cook it for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and serve with steamed rice.
|Ghee Rice with Fish curry|