Pudina rice is nutritious and healthy. I learnt this recipe from my aunt. You can serve this with potato masala also.
- 1-2 bundle mint
- 1 big onion
- lemon size tamarind
- 3 dry red chilli
- 1 tsp channa dal(kadala parappu)
- 1 tsp urad dal(ultham parappu)
- 1/4 cup chopped coconut
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves along with the stem
- salt to taste
- 3 cup rice – boiled in water for 30 mins
- Cook the rice with 6 cup water and allow it to cool once done. Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add all the above ingredients and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool. Blend it in mixie to smooth paste. Heat oil in a kadhai and saute the paste for 2 mins. Remove from the heat. Mix the paste with cooked rice and have it with gongura chutney.