- 1 bangalore kathirikkai (Chayote Squash or chow chow) – peeled and boiled
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 curry leave stick
- Boil the chow chow in water for 15 mins. Drain out the water and mash it.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and chopped onions. Fry for a minute and add tomatoes. Add cumin seeds, kasoori methi, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Add chow chow and salt to taste. Cook it covered for 10 mins. Serve hot with any main course.