No other beverage can beat buttermilk. Plain buttermilk (with salt alone) is very good for health. I like buttermilk very much. Buttermilk can be used to prepare morr kuzhambu.
- 2 cup curd / yogurt
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 curry leaves stick
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 green chillies – chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder
- water – according to your need
- Blend curd nicely in a mixer or blender. Remove the butter (vennai or malai) from the top.
- Heat oil in kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and saute a while.
- Add it to the morr. Add green chillies, chopped ginger and dried mango powder. Add water and mix everything well. Serve chilled to get extra taste.