Spicy chettinadu chicken kurma with nice aroma of spices to fulfill your taste buds 🙂
- 250 gms chicken
- 1 cup chopped onions – for grinding
- 1/2 cup chopped onions – for tempering
- 1 tomato
- 2 green chillies
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp thick curd
- dried kasoori methi – to sprinkle (optional)
- Marinate chicken with curd and keep aside. Roast peppercorns, cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Grind it with 1 cup chopped onions to a smooth paste.
- Prepare coconut milk and keep aside. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper mustard seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick. Add 1/2 cup chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste. Saute a while and add chopped tomatoes. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Add masala paste and marinated chicken. Mix well and add 1/2 cup water. Add salt to taste and close the lid. Pressure cook the kurma for three whistles and remove from the heat.
- Once pressure settles down, heat the kurma again without closing the lid. Add coconut milk and allow it to boil. Let it cook till the kurma becomes little bit thick. If you dont want thick kurma you can add water if needed. Sprinkle kasoori methi leaves and Serve hot with parotta or steamed rice.