Egg Pepper Masala / Muttai Mezhagu Masala, an easy Egg masala preparation which is too peppery and goes well with any main coarse. This is a frequent recipe made at home once in a week. You can try adding capsicum to give crunchy taste. Lets check the recipe,
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
- 3 Boiled Eggs
- 2 medium sized onions – sliced
- 2 small tomato – chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder (or) garam masala
- salt to taste
- asofoetida – a pinch
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- Remove the shells of eggs and cut it into 2 / 4 halves. Heat 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai and temper mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onions and curry leaves. Saute a while and add ginger-garlic paste. Saute a while and add tomatoes. Cook for two mins on low flame.
- Add boiled eggs and saute a while. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, 1 tsp pepper powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well. Cook it covered for 5 mins. Since we have used less oil, the masala will become dry soon and start to stick to the bottom of pan. To avoid it you can add 1/4 cup water and stir well.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp pepper powder and cook it closed for 2-5 mins. Remove from the heat and serve hot with roti or rice. You can also add little lemon juice if it is too spicy.
- You can avoid red chili powder and adjust the amount of pepper accordingly.