Everyone knows how to prepare onion chutney but it tastes different for everyone. Any changes in the measurement will make the taste different. It is commonly found chutney in every hotel. Enjoy it with dosa which is my favorite combination 🙂
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- 2-3 dry red chillies
- 3-4 garlic flakes
- small lemon sized tamarind ball
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 tsp channa dal (kadala paruppu)
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add all the above said ingredients one by one except salt. At last add whole tomato. Fry for 2-5 mins and remove from the heat.
- Allow it to cool and blend it in a mixer to smooth paste. Add water if needed and add salt to taste. Mix well and serve with idli or dosa.