I always use dried fenugreek leaves in my recipes but this is first time i tried with fresh leaves. The outcome was excellent. I shall upload other recipes tried with fenugreek leaves later.
- 2 cups of fresh fenugreek leaves (vendhyam keerai or methi)
- 1 cup potato – peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sized onion
- 4 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Wash the chop the fenugreek leaves. Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and chopped onions. Saute a while and add ginger-garlic paste. Add fenugreek leaves and potato. Mix well and add turmeric powder, asofoetida and salt to taste.
- Add half cup and cook it covered for 10 mins. You can cook it either dry or with little much water. Serve hot chapati or roti.