Easy to prepare and very tasty. I learnt it from a fish seller. I don’t know how to prepare this recipe so i asked the fish seller to tell me about this. He asked me to bake it and add few ingredients. I modified it by adding few items of my choice.
- 1 small surra meen (shark) – cleaned and cut into pieces
- 3 onions
- 2 green chillies
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp urad dhal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Bake the sura meen pieces in idli plate for 15 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Remove the skin. It will come out easily. Scramble the pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add urad dhal and chopped onions and green chillies. Saute a while and add ginger-garlic paste. Add meen pieces, turmeric powder and pepper powder. Mix well and add salt to taste. Fry it for 10-15 mins and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.