Pudina Paratha is nutritious. Diabetics Patient can have this paratha but they should not add ghee. This is my first version of preparing pudina paratha. I shall later update other versions.
- 1 bunch pudina (mint leaves)
- 3 cup wheat flour
- 3 dry red chilli
- 1 tsp channa dhal (kadala parappu)
- 1 tsp urad dhal (ultham parappu)
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves along with the stem
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3-4 garlic flakes
- 2 tbsp thick curd
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add garlic flakes, urad dal, channa dal, red chillies and fry for 2 minutes. Add mint and coriander leaves.
- Fry for 2-3 mins. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Blend it in mixie to smooth paste. Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add the paste and salt to taste.
- Saute a while and remove from the heat. Allow it to cool. Combine wheat flour, kasoori methi, curd, ghee, turmeric powder and pudina paste. Add water if needed. Knead it to smooth dough like we do for chapati.
- Make lemon sized balls and proceed as we do to prepare chapati. Roll them as thin as you can.
- Heat tava and cook the paratha. Apply oil on both the sides. Remove from the heat. Continue with the remaining and serve hot with raita or any sabji.