|Boti With Kadala Paruppu Kuzhambu|
I learnt this version from my mother. We love to have this curry with ragi kazhi.
- Kudal (1 cut and clean lamb intestine)
- 3 brinjals
- 1/2 cup channa dhal (kadala paruppu) – soaked in water for 1 hour
- 3 medium sized onions
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- Blend onion, tomato and coconut separately to a smooth paste. Pressure cook the soaked kadala paruppu for 3 whistles.
- Cut and clean kudal into small pieces. Pressure cook the kudal pieces adding little turmeric powder for about 4-5 whistles. Remove from the heat and once pressure settles down, drain out the water completely.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add Onion paste and saute for a while. Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry tomato paste and add coconut paste. Fry till nice aroma comes. Add turmeric, chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Add brinjal and kadala paruppu and mix well. Add salt to taste. Add 2 cup water to make it thick. Let it boil for 2 mins and pour the curry in cooker along with pressure cooked kudal pieces.
- Close the lid and cook in medium flame for 10-15 mins. If kuzhambu is not thick you can cook it for 5-10 mins more with no cover and let it boil for a while.