This kazhi is very special for me since it is prepared by my dad 🙂 It is easy and very healthy. Even now in few villages it is consumed as daily meal along with onion and green chili. My dad always told about how my grandma used to prepare kazhi and everyone will have it as meals together. Enjoy this kazhi with your family 🙂
- 2 cup ragi flour
- salt to taste
- 3-4 cup rice kanji along with 1 tbsp cooked rice – i used raw rice kanji
- Prepare rice kanji and keep it aside. Heat the rice kanji on medium flame. Once it starts boiling, add the ragi flour and dont mix it.
- Let it be on medium flame for 15-20 mins till the raw smell goes. If there is water left, take out and fill it in a bowl which will be used later.
- Take the vessel when it is hot and keep it between your two feet to give support. Keep some waste clothes between the feet and vessel to avoid heat.
- Take a karandi or something like wooden rod and with the help of hands, mix everything in circular motion. Add the left over water if necessary to make the kazhi little bit wet.
- Continue mixing in circular motion till everything is dissolved. Wet your palms and take the kazhi in hands. Make balls of ragi kazhi and serve hot with keerai kuzhambu or boti kuzhambu or karuvadu kozhambu. It gives better taste when mixed with broken rice kanji.