- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup chopped coconut
- small lemon sized tamarind
- 1 tsp urad dhal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 tsp channa dhal (kadala paruppu)
- 2-3 dry red chili
- 2 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add garlic flakes, red chili, urad dhal, channa dhal and tamarind ball. Fry for 2 mins and add chopped onion & coconut. Fry for another 2 mins and remove from the heat.
- Allow it to cool and blend it in a mixer to smooth paste. Add salt to taste and mix well. Serve it with idli or dosa.