- 1 yellow round cucumber
- 1/2 cup toor dhal (tovaram paruppu)
- 1 onion
- medium lemon sized tamarind – soaked for 30 mins
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dhal (ultham paruppu)
- 1/2 tsp channa dhal (kadala paruppu)
- Pressure cook the toor dhal for 2-3 whistles. Once pressure settles down, mash the dhal to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper mustard seeds. Add urad dhal and channa dhal. Saute a while and add chopped tomatoes.
- Add mashed toor dhal and tamarind water. Mix well and add chopped round cucumber. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to taste. Close the lid and cook it for 2-3 whistles. Serve hot with steamed rice.