I love the paniyaram prepared by my grandma. Whenever we visit her, she prepares it for us. I like kara paniyaram more than sweet paniyaram.
- 1 ripe banana – peeled and mashed
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Combine all the above said ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add water and prepare idli like batter. It should not be watery. Keep aside for 30 mins.
- Heat the paniyaram pan and grease it with oil/ghee. Take a spoonful of batter and pour in each cup of pan. Fry the paniyaram evenly on both the sides by rotating with the help of a needle like wooden stick.
- Remove the paniyaram and proceed with the remaining batter. Serve hot or cold.