Less spicy and very light
- 1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves and stem
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup chopped coconut
- 5 garlic flakes
- 3 green chilies
- small gooseberry sized tamarind
- 1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 tsp channa dal (kadala paruppu)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 curry leaves stick
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, urad dal, channa dal, cumin seeds and garlic flakes. Saute a while and add chopped onions.
- Fry till it turns golden brown. Add tamarind, dried fenugreek leaves and chopped coconut. Saute a while and add chopped coriander. Fry for another 2-5 mins and remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool and blend in a mixer to smooth paste adding little water. Add salt to taste and more water if needed. Serve with dosa or idli.