|Green Scrambled Egg Curry|
I got this recipe from a Tamil cookery book. Dont add more methi leaves, or else it will be too much sour in taste.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup methi leaves (fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves with stem
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chili powder (sambar powder)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Grind mint, methi leaves, coriander leaves and green chilies to smooth paste. Heat oil in a wok or kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add fennel seeds and chopped onions.
- Saute a while and add ginger-garlic paste. Add chopped tomatoes and mash it. Add green paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder and salt to taste. Add water if needed.
- Cook it covered for 10 mins till the raw smell goes. Break the eggs and drop in the curry. Stir the curry till the eggs are completely scrambled. Cook for another 5-10 mins and remove from the heat. Serve hot with chapati or poori.