This one is fav. combination of most of the Indians. And my hubby dear is great fan of this recipe. Whenever we go out to any hotel for breakfast, he would order this only. I dont get puffed poori always. But whenever he prepares, he gets perfect puffed poori. Sometimes, i get jealous of him 🙂
For Aloo masala :
- 3 potatoes – boiled and mashed
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
For Poori :
- 2 cup wheat flour
- salt to taste
- water – as needed
- Pressure cook the potatoes for 2-3 whistles with 1-2 cup water. Peel off the skin and mash it. The potatoes didn’t boil properly so i blended in a mixer to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or pan and temper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes and add potato paste. Add turmeric powder, turmeric powder, asofoetida and salt to taste. Add 1/4 cup water and mix all. Cook for 10 mins and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with poori or dosa or chapati.
- Combine wheat flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Knead to stiff dough like we do for chapati. Keep aside for 30 mins.
- Make small lemon sized balls of the dough. Take a ball and roll it on wooden board using roller pin. Dust it with flour and roll it. Similarly roll all the balls.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and when it is hot, start frying the poori. Fry all the poori one by one. Serve hot with aloo masala or chole masala.