- 1 potato – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder (sambar powder)
- 1/4 tsp dried mango powder – optional
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add chopped onions and saute a while.
- Add finely chopped potatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, dried mango powder and salt. Add 1/4 cup water and cook it covered till the potato gets cooked. It may take around 10-15 mins. Once it becomes dry, remove from the heat and serve hot with rasam rice or any variety rice.