- 4-5 brinjals
- 2 cup rice – soaked in water for one hour
- 1 potato
- 1 drumstick
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp vangibath powder
- small lemon sized tamarind – soaked in water for 30 mins
- 1/2 tbsp grated coconut
- salt to taste
- 1 curry leaves stick
- Pressure cook the rice with 4 cup water for 2-3 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and chopped onions. Saute a while and add chopped vegetables. Fry for about 5 mins.
- Add turmeric powder and tamarind water. Cook it covered till the vegetables are cooked completely. Add grated coconut, vangibath powder and salt to taste.
- Mix all and cook till the raw smell of masala goes. Remove from the heat and mix it with the rice. Serve hot.