- 1/2 cup White field beans (mochai) – soaked overnight
- 4 baby potatoes – peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 cup tamarind water
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Soak the mochai overnight in water. Next day, remove its skin by rubbing with fingers. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Tamper mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asofoetida. Add chopped onions and fry for 2 mins.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, mochai and diced potato cubes. Add 1/2 cup water and cook it covered till potatoes are cooked.
- Add tamarind and salt to taste. Cook for another 5-10 mins and serve hot.