- 2 cup samba rice – soaked in water for 10-20 mins
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2-3 green chilies – split at the end
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- salt to taste
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat oil in a handi. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf. Saute a while. Add chopped onions, green chilies and fry for 2 mins.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and mint leaves. Saute a while. Add chopped carrot and green peas. Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and coconut milk. Cook for 2-5 mins. Add rice, salt and 3 cup water. Cook it covered for 10-15 mins. Serve hot.