|Aloo aur Soya Chunks Parantha|
This one was my trial n error recipe. I was thinking how the taste would be because my hubby doesn’t like soya chunks. And every-time i force him to eat it. Well, after tasting it i am very much confident that he wouldn’t find i have mixed soya chunks too 🙂 Kids who hate soya will find it more interesting. Do try it and enjoy.
For Dough :
- 2 cup wheat flour
- salt to taste
For Stuffing masala :
- 2 potatoes – boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup soya chunks – soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 1/4 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
To Prepare Masala :
- Soak the soya chunks for 30 mins. Squeeze out the water and blend in a mixer to powder.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or pan and temper mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds and ginger-garlic paste. Fry for 2 mins.
- Add mashed potatoes, blended soya chunks, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to taste. Cook for 2-5 mins and keep aside.
- Combine wheat flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Knead to a smooth dough adding water and little oil. Keep aside for 30 mins.
- Make small balls of the dough. Take a ball and flatten it in the shape of a disc. Fill it with spoonful of masala and close all the sides of disc.
- Dust it with wheat flour and roll it to form the shape of a round parantha. Heat a tava and apply ghee/oil.
- Fry the parantha and once brown spots appear, turn the other side of parantha and apply ghee/oil. Once cooked, remove from the heat and proceed with the remaining. Serve parantha with onion raita.