|Beetroot Masala Vadai|
- 1 cup channa dal (kadala paruppu)
- 1/2 cup grated beetroot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- Soak channa dal and fennel seeds in water for 1 hour. Drain the water completely and grind in mixer to smooth paste adding 3 tsp water.
- Mix chopped onions, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, chopped coriander with channa dal paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadhai. Fry grated beetroot till the moisture is completely absorbed. Add it to the paste and mix well. Add salt and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and wet your palms with water. Make small ball of the paste and form a small thick disc. Take the disc and put it in the kadai. Fry the pieces till it turns light brown. Serve vadai with chutney or sauce.