|Channa Dal Kheer (Kadala Paruppu Payasam)|
- 1/4 cup kadala paruppu (channa dal or bengal gram)
- 500 ml boiled milk
- 1 tbsp cucumber seeds
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp rose syrup
- dry fruits
- Soak kadala paruppu in water for 1 hour. Pressure cook kadala paruppu with 1/2 cup water for 3-4 whistles.
- Heat milk in a vessel. Add cooked kadala paruppu to it. Stir it frequently. Add grated coconut and jaggery.
- Cook for 2 mins. Add cucumber seeds and rose syrup. Stir it and cook for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat ghee in a kadhai and fry the dry fruits (raisin and cashew). Add it to the payasam. Let it boil and remove from the heat. Serve hot or chilled. I have added saffron pinch to make it colorful.