|Moong Dal Cheela|
- 1 cup split green gram – soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp raw rice – soaked for 2 hours
- 2 green chilies
- 4 garlic flakes
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- salt to taste
- Soak raw rice and split green grams in water for 2 hours. Drain the water completely. Grind rice, green gram, chilies and garlic flakes in a mixer with little water.
- Add grated carrot and salt to the batter. Add enough water and mix well. It should not be very watery.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. Grease it with oil. Take a ladle full of batter and pour on the tava.
- Apple oil all over the sides. Cover it with a lid for few mins. Turn on the other side once it is cooked. Once done with the cooking, remove from the tava and keep aside. Repeat the same procedure. Serve hot with mint chutney.
Linking to the event “Serve It – Griddled”