- 1 cup Dried Green Peas – soaked overnight in water
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 dry red chilies
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 curry leaves stick
- Pressure cook the soaked peas with 1/2 cup water for 2-3 whistles. Drain the water and keep the cooked peas aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, broken red chilies and urad dal. Saute a while.
- Add chopped onions and fry for 2 mins. Add cooked peas, asofoetida and salt to taste. Fry for 5-10 mins and remove from the heat. Serve hot.