- 1 cup siru paruppu (Green Gram or Moong Bean (Peeled, Split))
- 500 ml boiled milk
- 2 tbsp nestle milkmaid
- 1 tbsp cucumber seeds
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- dry fruits
- Soak siru paruppu in water for 20 mins. Pressure cook siru paruppu with 1/2 cup water for 2-3 whistles.
- Heat milk in a vessel. Add cooked siru paruppu to it. Stir it frequently. Add grated coconut and jaggery.
- Cook for 2 mins. Add cucumber seeds and nestle milkmaid. Stir it and cook for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat ghee in a kadhai and fry the dry fruits (raisin and cashew). Add it to the payasam. Let it boil and remove from the heat. Serve hot or chilled.