|Suwa(Dill) aur Aloo Ki Sabji|
In India, dill is prepared in the manner of yellow moong dal as a main-course dish. It is considered to have very good antigas properties, so it is used as mukhwas, or an after-meal digestive. It is also traditionally given to mothers immediately after childbirth.” – Wikipedia
- 1 bunch Suwa (dill or sada kuppi)
- 1 potato – peeled and chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chili powder (sambar powder)
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Wash and finely chop the suwa. Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute a while.
- Add chopped onions and fry for 2 mins. Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Add chopped potatoes and suwa. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and asofoetida. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add 1 cup water and salt to taste. Cook it covered for 10-15 mins. Serve hot with roti.