|Veggie Curd Rice|
- 2 cup left over rice
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped long beans
- 2 green chilies
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 tsp sonth or 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 2 curry leaves stick
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and urad dal. Once it crackles, dried red chilies and sonth. Cook for few mins.
- Add chopped vegetables, cumin powder, asofoetida and little salt. Fry for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Mix curd, milk, green chilies and chopped coriander with the rice.
- Mix fried vegetables with the curd rice and add salt to taste. Mix everything and serve it chilled.