|Beetroot-Channa Stir-Fry – Simple Lunch Recipes|
A twist to regular Beetroot Stir-Fry. It is very easy to prepare and you will not get bored of this unique combination which i tasted once in Velu Military Hotel of Nungambakkam. I liked the taste and wanted to try it immediately. The combination of Chickpeas and Beetroot gives an awesome and relishing taste. You can serve this with any Main Coarse or have it as Salad.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
- 2 medium sized Beetroot – grated
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot – optional
- 1/4 cup white chickpeas (kabuli channa) – soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup hare chane (green chickpeas) – soaked overnight in water (optional)
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 2 green chilies (or) dry red chilies – finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu / black gram)
- 1 stick curry leaves
- Pressure cook both the channa with enough water for 2-3 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Drain the water and keep the cooked channa aside. You can reserve the water for later use.
- Heat 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds. Add urad dal, curry leaves and chopped onions.
- Fry for a min on low flame. Add grated vegetables and cooked channa. Saute for a min. Add turmeric powder, asofoetida, salt to taste and sprinkle reserved water.
- Cook it covered till the water is completely absorbed. Serve hot with sambar rice or rasam rice.