- 1/4 cup Dried Green Peas – soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup Hare Chane (green chick peas) – soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup White Kabuli Channa (chickpeas) – soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup Red Kidney Beans (Rajma) – soaked overnight in water
- 1 medium sized onion
- 4 dry red chilies
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 curry leaves stick
- Pressure cook dried green peas, green chick peas, white chick peas and red kidney beans with 1 cup water for 5-6 whistles. Drain the water and keep the cooked channa aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, broken red chilies and urad dal. Saute a while.
- Add chopped onions and fry for 2 mins. Add cooked channa, asofoetida and salt to taste. Fry for 5-10 mins and remove from the heat. Serve hot. You can also add grated coconut to it.