|Thayir Paniyaram (Curd Paniyaram)|
- 1 cup raw rice (paccha arisi)
- 5-6 tbsp thick and sour curd
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 green chilies – chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp curry leaves powder or 1/4 cup curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- bread crumbs
- Wash the raw rice. Heat water in a vessel. Once it starts boiling, add washed rice to it. Cook for some 3-5 mins. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the water completely and allow to cool. Grind the rice along with curd in a mixer or grinder to smooth paste.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves, chopped coriander, ginger-garlic paste and cumin seeds to it.
- Mix all and add salt to taste. Keep aside for 5 mins. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed kadhai. Wet your palm and make small balls of the mixed paste.
- I have used bread crumbs to coat the balls. Drop the balls in oil and fry till it turns golden brown. Balls get broken if we dont use some binding ingredient. It will be better to use bread crumbs.
- Remove the fried paniyaram from the oil and drain the excess oil using absorbent tissue paper. Serve hot with kara chutney or chili sauce.
Recipe Source : YouTube Video