|Almond & Cashew Burfi|
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashew
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- ghee – to grease the plate
- Dry roast almonds & cashewnuts in a broad kadai on low flame. Roast it without discoloring.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind it to fine powder and keep aside. Grease a flat plate.
- Heat sugar and water in a kadhai. Make sugar syrup of one string consistency. To check it, you can take a drop of syrup and a thin string will be formed between thumb and forefinger. This consistency will be good.
- Remove from the heat and mix slowly with the nuts powder. It should have thick pouring consistency.
- Now pour the mixture to the greased plate and spread it equally all the sides.
- When it is lukewarm, cut into diamond shapes using knife. When it becomes cool, take out the pieces carefully. Store it in an air-tight container.