- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp milkmaid
- saffron – a pinch
- a pinch of edible orange color – color of your choice
- Boil almonds in water for 10 mins and remove its outer skin. Grind it in a mixer using milk to smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a non-stick pan. Add badam paste to it. Stir it continuously on low flame.
- Add sugar to it and stir well. Add saffron and milkmaid. Cook for few mins. Add ghee little by little to avoid sticking.
- Add edible orange color and mix well. Stir till it reaches halwa consistency. Garnish with dry fruits and serve hot.