|Carrot Kara Paniyaram|
- 2 cup idli batter
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and urad dal for seasoning.
- Add chopped onions and green chilies. Saute a while. Add grated carrot and ginger.
- Cook for few mins and add to the idli batter. Mix well. Add salt to taste and chopped coriander. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat the paniyaram pan and grease it with oil.
- Take a spoonful of batter and pour in each cup of pan. Fry the paniyaram evenly on both the sides by rotating with the help of a needle like wooden stick.
- Remove the paniyaram and proceed with the remaining batter. Serve hot with coconut chutney.