- 1 cup kabuli channa (white chickpeas) – soaked overnight in water
- 2 dry red chilies
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
To Grind Coarsely:
- 1/4 cup chopped coconut
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 green chilies
- Pressure cook the channa with 1 cup water for 5-6 whistles. Remove from the heat and drain the water completely.
- Grind the above mentioned ingredients without adding water. Keep it aside. Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Tamper mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Add cooked channa, asofoetida and salt to taste.
- Cook for 2-5 mins. Add grounded paste and chopped coriander. Cook for another 2 mins and remove from the heat.
- You can also add grated raw mango to it. It gives the exact beach side sundal taste. Serve it and enjoy.