|Kaju Katli / Cashew Burfi|
Kaju Katli / Cashew Burfi is an expensive sweet when compared to other burfi. This was my first experience with making burfi and it came out really too good. It requires less ingredients but more patience. For this ongoing festive season, prepare this delicious burfi and enjoy with your family.
- 1 cup cashewnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Grease a flat bottomed plate with ghee and keep it aside.
- Dry roast cashewnuts in a broad kadai on low flame. Roast it without discoloring.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. The mixie should be dry and grind it to fine powder.
- Heat sugar and water in a kadhai. Make sugar syrup of one string consistency. To check it, you can take a drop of syrup and a thin string will be formed between thumb and forefinger. This consistency will be good.
- Keep on a low flame and add cashew powder to the sugar syrup. Stir it frequently to avoid lumps. It may take around 10-15 mins to cook.
- When it starts leaving the sides, the burfi is ready. To check the consistency, take some mixture in a spoon and you should be able to roll in a softball.
- Now pour the mixture to the greased plate and spread it equally all the sides.
- When it is lukewarm, cut into diamond shapes using knife. Store it in an air-tight container. Serve and enjoy.