- 1 cup finely chopped Snake Gourd (Podalanga)
- 1/2 cup roasted split green gram
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 4-5 dry red chilies
- 1/4 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and broken red chilies. Saute a while.
- Add chopped onions and fry for few mins. Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomatoes. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add chopped vegetable, turmeric powder, asofoetida and salt to taste. Add split green gram and 1/2 cup water and close the lid.
- Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles and remove from the heat. Once pressure settles, garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with rice or roti.