|Spring Onion Masala Vadai|
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1 cup channa dal (kadala paruppu) – soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 green chilies – finely chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 3-4 garlic flakes
- salt to taste
- Wash the soaked dal and drain the water completely. Grind it in a mixer with fennel seeds and garlic flakes. Add little water and grind to a coarse paste.
- Mix chopped spring onion, green chilies and salt to the paste. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Grease your palm with water and make a small ball of the paste. Form a thick disc of cookies thickness and drop in the hot oil.
- Fry till it turns golden brown and remove from the oil. Drain the excess oil using absorbent tissue paper. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.