|Diamond Cut Biscuits (KalaKala)|
- 3 cup maida
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 egg white (optional)
- 2 tbsp rice flour (optional)
- Sieve maida flour. Combine with powdered sugar, cardamom powder, egg white and rice flour in a mixing bowl.
- Prepare a smooth dough adding enough water. Close and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Make balls of the dough and roll it using roller pin like we do to prepare chapati. Take a knife and cut into diamond shapes or square shapes.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry those pieces till it turns golden brown. Remove from the heat and store in an air-tight container. Serve and enjoy. The above said quantities will make around 50 biscuits.