|Mixed Sprouts Biriyani|
I have modified most of the ingredients used in original recipe. This recipe is rich in protein. Enjoy this delicious biriyani with your family.
- 2 cup basmati rice – washed & soaked in water for 15 mins
- 1 cup mixed sprouts (red kidney beans, white chickpeas, green chickpeas, etc)
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green chilies – split at the end
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 cup boiled milk
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- salt to taste
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- edible orange color – a pinch
To Soak & Grind :
- 5-6 cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Soak poppy seeds and cashew in 1/4 tbsp hot water for 1 hour. Grind to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pan or handi. Add cloves, cinnamon, star anise and bay leaf. Saute a while. Add chopped onions and green chillies.
- Fry for 2 mins. Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomatoes. Mash the pulp and add mint leaves.
- Saute a while. Add mixed sprouts, chopped vegetables, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Cook for 2 mins. Add grounded paste, little salt and 1/2 cup water. Cook it covered for 15 mins. Add 3 cup water and allow to boil.
- Add soaked & drained rice. Mix well. Add orange color and salt to taste. Cook it covered on low flame for 10-15 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with raita.