|Potato & Carrot Stew|
- 2 potatoes – boiled and diced into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3-4 green chilies – slit at the end
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup boiled milk
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Pressure cook potatoes with 1 cup water for 3-4 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Peel off the skin and dice into cubes. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and temper mustard seeds.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, star anise and cumin seeds. Saute a while. Add chopped onions, green chilies and fry for 2 mins.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute a while. Add diced potato cubes and chopped carrots.
- Cook for few mins. Add turmeric powder, asofoetida and 3/4 cup water. Mix well. Add 1/4 cup water and cook it covered for 10 mins.
- Add remaining milk and chopped coriander. Cook for another 5 mins and remove from the heat. Serve hot with aapam or pulao.