- 2-3 cup besan (gram flour)
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder (optional)
- salt to taste
|Ribbon Pakoda Plate|
- Sieve besan and mix with rice flour, red chili powder and salt to taste. Add 1 tsp oil. Combine all and knead to a smooth dough adding enough water.
- Close it and keep aside for 30 mins. Heat oil in a kadhai. Fill the muruku press with dough and ribbon pakoda plate.
- Once the oil is hot, press the dough in circular motion to form layers. Dont form too many layers.
- Once the sputtering sound stops, turn the pakoda other side and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil using absorbent tissue paper. Store in an air-tight container and serve it.