|Sago & Carrot Kheer (Carrot Javvarisi Payasam)|
- 1/2 cup Nylon Sago (Sabhudhana or Javvarisi)
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 500 ml Milk
- 1/2 tin Nestle Milkmaid Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- saffron strands – a pinch
- dry fruits – to garnish
- Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in a pan or kadhai and fry the sago for 2 mins. Boil the sago in water till it becomes transparent and soft.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Drain the water completely. Boil the milk in a vessel and add grated carrots to it.
- Cook till it becomes soft. Add cardamom powder and cooked sago. Stir it frequently.
- Add condensed milk and saffron strands. Cook for 2-5 mins. Meanwhile. Roast the dry fruits with little ghee in a pan and add to the kheer. Mix all and remove from the heat. Serve hot or chilled.